After observing the waste and unsustainable practices while working in the fashion industry, Sarah Arch and Allie Feldman decided to do something about it by starting Rooted Botanics, a fashion brand that gives ethically sourced vintage pieces new life through natural dyes. Both Sarah and Allie are dedicated to thoughtful sourcing, purposeful education about the history of natural dye, and creating beautiful garments while developing a business model designed to remain at a human scale. The relationships they have forged with plant dyes continue to advance a paradigm shift in the fashion industry - a shift that ultimately downplays harm and amplifies joy.
- Discovering Natural Dyes
- Waste in the Fashion Industry
- Greenwashing and Microplastics
- Health Benefits of Natural Dyes and Fibers
- Embracing the Beauty and Unpredictability of Natural Dye
- Learning and Growing Into Slow Living
Connect with Rooted Botanics:
About Lady Farmer:
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
- Join The Lady Farmer ALMANAC
- Leave us a voicemail! Call 443-459-1950 and ask a question or share a shoutout. Submissions throughout the month of June will be entered to win a Slow Living Consult with Mary and Emma!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Original music by John Kingsley @jkingsley1026
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well being.