Ryan Mitchell of The Tiny Life
Join the minimalist movement, and design a simple, sustainable lifestyle that provides freedom from debt, consumerism, and cultural expectations. Our guest today is Ryan Mitchell, creator of The Tiny Life, who started his minimalist journey by challenging the American dream and having the courage to ask, what does the life I really want to live actually look like? He began by moving into his self built tiny house in 2012, sharing his journey along the way and connecting with other like-minded tiny house enthusiasts. This passion ultimately created a business that sustained his dream of an independent, pared down, low cost life – one deeply rooted in an understanding of slow living and the power of conscious choices. Ryan simplified his life by pausing to examine how he spent his time, money, and resources, and by second guessing the industrialized systems that have come to provide our daily needs. He is now a life simplification expert and encourages everyone he meets to build a habit of questioning norms and stopping to think critically about your choices as a consumer. The key to minimalist living is to mindfully observe how you move through your life, how you use your resources, your time and your living spaces. Be bold and challenge assumptions. On the other side of hard decisions and self observation is a small, simple life that supports you and the planet.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podchaser, Podtail, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- Tiny Homes
- The Tiny House Movement
- Simple Living
- Marketing “PAS” - Identity the Problem, Agitate the Consumer, Present a Solution
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Lady Farmer Guide to Slow Living
- Blog Post - 7 Day’s of “Real Food” Winter Meals
- The Tiny Life
- Tiny House Living: Ideas For Building and Living Well In Less Than 400 Square Feet by Ryan Mitchell
- “If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.” - Dave Ramsey
- “Children of Time” by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- “The Comfort Crisis” by Michael Easter
- “Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart” by Gordon Livingston
- Connect with Ryan at thetinylife.com
- Instagram @thetinylifedotcom
- Twitter @the_tiny_life
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
Original music by John Kingsley @jkingsley1026
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well being.