Rewild the land and yourself by farming in harmony with nature and leaning into regenerative practices that create habitat connectivity. Our guest today, Lynn Cassells, alongside her partner Sandra Baer, owners of Lynbreck Croft, had a shared dream of living closer to the land. And while the pair never meant to be farmers, they found themselves called to the task of stewarding a 150 acre croft in the Highlands of Scotland in 2016. Seized by a vision of farming in collaboration with nature, rather than against it, they began their mission of creating a place that honored not only their desire to grow their own food, but also the needs of the land and the animals, all working and thriving in a collaborative community. The whole story of how they unexpectedly became farmers and created a viable and sustainable working farm using their own combination of regenerative and rewilding practices is soon to be available in their upcoming book “Our Wild Farming Life: Adventures on a Scottish Highland Croft” which you can pre-order inside our marketplace!
Lynn’s message - looking back doesn’t have to mean going back. Let the land do the leading and don't be afraid to rewild yourself along the way.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podchaser, Podtail, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- Regenerative Farming
- Croft - A small agricultural unit and form of land use/ legal entity unique to Scotland: source via citzensadvice.org.uk
- Rewilding - taking a piece of land and allowing it become self-willed; taking people out of the equation; reintroducing native species; restoration on a wild scale
- Pre-Order Our Wild Farming Life: Adventures on a Scottish Highland Croft by Sandra Baer and Lynn Cassells
- Wilding: Returning Nature to our Farm by Isabella Tree
- BBC - This Farming Life Season 3
- Lynbreck Croft Courses - “How to Farm”
- The National Trust
- Cairngorms National Park
- Knepp Castle
- “You Can Farm” by Joel Salatin
- Chelsea Green Publishing
- Connect with Lynn
- Lynbreck Croft
- Instagram @lynbreck_croft
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
Original music by John Kingsley @jkingsley1026
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well being.