- 1 pint of small, sweet red garden peppers or 2 medium red bell peppers
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Coarsely chop the red peppers and cook them lightly in a saucepan with olive oil until they are soft. Set aside to cool
- Combine grated cheese, mayonnaise, onion and garlic in a bowl
- Add cooked peppers and combine all the ingredients using an immersion blender or in a food processor
- Continue until ingredients are blended and mixture is smooth and spreadable.
For a fabulous summer lunch, spread this on a piece of toasted sourdough bread and top with fresh tomato slices. It’s DELISH!