Here's Mary's recipe for a home-made REAL FOOD Pumpkin Spice Latte!
- 12 oz of whole, grass-fed milk (or coconut or other non-dairy milks)
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sweetener of choice (stevia, maple syrup, honey, etc)
- Mix together milk, puree, and spices. Sweeten to taste – I like ½ teaspoon of stevia extract, but you can also use maple syrup, honey or whatever you have on hand!
- Combine thoroughly (a hand blender works wonders!) and place in a 16 oz container with a lid. Keep refrigerated until ready to use, concentrate keeps well for a couple of days.
- When you get the urge for that PSL, combine 8 oz coffee and ½ cup of the concentrate in a saucepan and heat.* When it’s nice and hot, froth it up using your hand blender or a vigorous whisk. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
*For a delicious, BBB (Brain-Boosting Bonus), melt in 1 tablespoon of grass-fed butter before frothing.
Let us know what you think!