Deep-dive into one brand's process in sourcing & developing responsible fashion. This week, Mary & Emma are chatting with Elisabeth de Gramont, Chief Brand Officer and Head of Impact at Frank And Oak.
Combining style, design and technology since it was founded in Montreal in 2012, Frank And Oak offers collections of sustainable, durable clothing and accessories for men and women that are thoughtfully designed and well suited to the lifestyles of its customers. Inspired by responsible thinking and with an eye to the future, Frank And Oak believes that dressing with intention can inspire a more conscious lifestyle for all.
They strive to inspire better living through thoughtfully designed products that care about you and the planet. Above all, they believe in helping communities to build a diverse and inclusive world that enriches our society, sustainably.
- Elisabeth's background and journey to Frank And Oak
- Unified Commerce Group
- History of Frank And Oak brand
- 2017 Frank And Oak took a strong turn towards sustainability
- Elisabeth's current role with Frank And Oak
- What's the relationship between scalability and sustainability? How can sustainable brands scale up?
- How FAO screens and selects suppliers
- 100% Responsible Product announcement
- Frank And Oak denim
- Frank And Oak's other sustainable product innovations
- Yak Wool as an alternative to cashmere
- Problems with cashmere
- How Elisabeth's own experience and evolution with sustainable fashion, and how covid shifted her perspective
- Consumer culture in the US is different than other cultures in its prioritization of price and appearance over source
- Guppy Friend washing bag for microplastic pollution
- Frank And Oak's updated progress report
- Frank And Oak's focus on end-of-life options for garments
- Consumer education on the issues with the recycled PET microplastics
- Frank And Oak has eliminated all virgin polyester from their production
Connect with Frank And Oak:
This Episode is Sponsored by Ettitude: ettitude.com/thegooddirt
^Use code THEGOODDIRT for $25 off your first order!
About Lady Farmer:
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
- Join The Lady Farmer ALMANAC
- Leave us a voicemail! Call 443-459-1950 and ask a question or share what the good dirt means to you!
- Email us at email@example.com
Original music by John Kingsley. Our technical partner for this series is CitizenRacecar, Post-Production by Alex Brouwer and José Miguel Baez, Coordinated by Gabriela Montequin and Mary Ball. The Good Dirt is a part of the Connectd Podcasts Network.
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well-being.