Phoebe Yu and Kat Dey
Phoebe Yu and Kat Dey are the cofounders of ettitude, an award-winning material science and lifestyle company innovating eco-textiles to fight climate change. Why does this matter? Listen to this conversation to hear why eco-textiles are so important, and what to look for when looking to purchase textiles for your home. With its proprietary technologies, ettitude offers sustainable bedding, bath essentials, apparel and a variety of textiles made with CleanBamboo.
Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Podchaser, Podtail, Youtube, or on your favorite podcast platform.
- The Old Farmer's Almanac
- Phoebe Yu and Kat Dey introduce themselves and their company ettitude, and describe their "aha" moments in getting behind sustainable textiles.
- The problems with plant-based textiles and the toxic processes used in their production
- A discussion of the different types of plant-based fibers, such as viscose, lyocell, Tencel, cotton, and bamboo
- Bamboo as a high-performance textile and it's advantages over cotton
- How does bamboo measure up to organic cotton?
- The beneficial aspects of bamboo in regards to climate
- Eutrophication: a term to explain how many toxic chemicals are being released into the atmosphere or into the environment.
- Kiss the Ground
Connect with ettitude:
This Episode is Sponsored by Frank and Oak: Frank & Oak
Use our code "gooddirt30" for $30 off orders over $99 on frankandoak.com!
About Lady Farmer:
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
- Join The Lady Farmer ALMANAC
- Leave us a voicemail! Call 443-459-1950 and ask a question or share what the good dirt means to you!
- Email us at email@example.com
Original music by John Kingsley. Our technical partner for this series is CitizenRacecar, Post-Production by Alex Brouwer and José Miguel Baez, Coordinated by Gabriela Montequin and Mary Ball. The Good Dirt is a part of the Connectd Podcasts Network.
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well-being.