As Mary and Emma prepare for Emma's wedding, they are looking back at some of their favorite episodes on The Good Dirt. Today, it is a replay of episode 40, which first aired on April 30th, 2021.
Liz Kimball (MFA, CPC) is a creativity catalyst, writer, coach, speaker, and founder of The Collective, a network of women creators and thought leaders dedicated to fostering cultural change through creativity. Her work has been featured at TEDx, Oprah.com, the NBA, The Guggenheim, NYU, and at universities and institutions throughout the country. In today's episode, we talk about the creative process from many angles, how pursuing our dreams might not be the straight path we imagine, how to foster our creative selves in a world that demands much from us, and how some of these things might be shifting from the pandemic year. Liz talks about the importance of detaching yourself from labels that you’ve placed on yourself since adolescence. Your work in the world is much more important than a title. We discuss how the ideas of slow living and "good dirt" are essential to cultivating the creative life, and building a future we can’t wait to wake up to!
• Mary & Emma catch up and chat about plants!
• Liz introduces herself
• Rewriting the rules
• The Collective
• Discussion around time
• The creative process
• Mary recalls her own journey with her creative process
- Liz's Website - The Collective
- Liz's TED Talk
- Howard Thurman - The Sound of The Genuine
- Big Magic - Elizabeth Gilbert
- The ALMANAC - Sharon Bailey's Workshop (available to members only)
- Lynn Felton - @bonzart
Connect with Liz Kimball::
• Website: https://lizkimball.com/
• Instagram: @lizkimball
🌻 About Lady Farmer:
- Our Website
- Follow @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
- Join The Lady Farmer ALMANAC
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a voicemail! Call 443-459-1950 and ask a question or share what the good dirt means to you!
Original music by John Kingsley. Editing and podcast production by Fast Forward Production.