Mary and Emma Discuss Low Waste & Sustainability Goals for Emma’s Wedding
In the second installment of this bonus series on sustainable weddings, Mary and Emma discuss the challenges of planning their family celebration without the excessive waste that is typical in the industry. With Emma’s big day coming up in just one month, Mary and Emma chat about their process and let us in on what they are thinking about in regards to sustainability and a wedding!
- "Picture This" App
- Emma reflects on her wedding as an entry point to a new life
- Weddings as a reflection of cultural expectations vs. personal values and vision
- Book: A Practical Wedding Planner by Meg Keene
- Emma explains how rethinking certain aspects of the traditional wedding can relieve pressure
- Rethinking the bridal party
- Investing in a "day-of" coordinator
- Delegate where. you can--trust your vendor
- Rethinking the honeymoon
- Creating your own vision and desires vs buying into a giant industry
- Wedding letdown or wedding relief?
This episode is Sponsored by True Leaf Market
Use our promo code TGD10 for $10 off an order of $50 or more.
(Expires June 15th. Limited to one per customer)
About Lady Farmer:
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
- Join The Lady Farmer ALMANAC
- Leave us a voicemail! Call 443-459-1950 and ask a question or share what the good dirt means to you!
- Email us at email@example.com
Original music by John Kingsley. Our technical partner for this series is CitizenRacecar, Post-Production by Alex Brouwer and José Miguel Baez, Coordinated by Gabriela Montequin and Mary Ball. The Good Dirt is a part of the Connectd Podcasts Network.
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well-being.