Lizzie Horvitz explores the subtleties and nuances of sustainability as she introduces us to Finch, a browser extension that rates products on their environmental and social impact as you shop online. Lizzie started Finch in order to empower customers to make informed, conscious choices as they consider the impact of what they buy. She is hopeful about the ways data and technology can address greenwashing and begin to shift our paradigm of unconscious over consumption.
Influenced by the data she works with at Finch, Lizzie takes a pragmatic approach to sustainability, recognizing that there are no perfect solutions or simple answers when it comes to mitigating climate change, improving welfare for manufacturing workers, or shifting the standards to which we hold our products. She advocates for small, simple steps towards improved buying choices by providing the information that customers need to choose a sustainable life.
- Decoding Sustainability with Data
- Choosing Progress Over Perfection
- The Nuances of What Makes A Product Sustainable
- Regenerative Agriculture and Alternatives to the Meat Industry
Connect with Lizzie Horvitz:
About Lady Farmer:
- Our Website
- @weareladyfarmer on Instagram
- Join The Lady Farmer ALMANAC
- Leave us a voicemail! Call 443-459-1950 and ask a question or share a shoutout. Submissions throughout the month of June will be entered to win a Slow Living Consult with Mary and Emma! The winner will be announced in our 100th episode.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Original music by John Kingsley @jkingsley1026
Statements in this podcast have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, and should not be considered above the advice of your physician. Consult a medical professional when making dietary or lifestyle decisions that could affect your health and well being.