In this episode, Mary talks about her personal associations with the splendor of October, Planting By the Signs as the growing season wanes, the Zodiac signs and their rulership, growing garlic, preserving herbs and a chocolate cake with a surprise ingredient!
Support this podcast and get your own downloadable planting by the moon calendar by becoming a member of The Good Dirt Supporters
• Of Time and the River by Thomas Wolfe
• Halloween/Origins and Cultural Significance
• The October Garden
• Hunter's Moon
• Harvesting and Preserving Herbs
• How to Make Stevia Extract by Jill Winger from The Prairie Homestead
• How to process and preserve fresh herbs - For Members of the Lady Farmer ALMANAC*
*Some of the linked articles will only be available to current members of The ALMANAC. If you are not currently a member and are interested in subscribing, check out this page for more information.